This is the tangy garlic ginger chili sauce that made Hainan Chicken Rice the super rockstar dish that it is today. Fortunately it does not need to stay monogamous and pairs well with grilled pork and beef too.
- 8 red jalapeno peppers, de-seeded
- 1 small thumb of peeled ginger
- 2 – 3 gloves of garlic
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of calamansi lime juice (if unavailable use regular limes)
- 2 Tbsp of sugarcane vinegar (if unavailable use white vinegar)
- 1 tps sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Add some chicken stock or water to thin out the sauce if too thick.
- Taste and adjust accordingly.