People in Los Angeles do not diet, they cleanse. In West LA, we are either caught massaging our kale or juicing some vegetation sprouted from ionized water. Monsanto is the devil and white rice arsenic. Everyone has at least one to two high protein/high fiber salad tucked solidly under their belt. Fearing for my woefully clogged chakras, I came up with this recipe last summer when fresh sweet corn was in season. I love corn thus may be biased with my oversized corn ration.
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 1 1/2 cup cooked spelt berries
- 1 1/2 cup diced japanese cucumbers
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp ground toasted coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Toast pumpkin seeds till golden brown in a small skillet over medium heat. Swirl continuously to prevent burning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter. When butter foams, add fresh corn and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 black pepper. Stir frequently for 2 mins. Cool.
- Toast coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat. Swirl continuously to prevent burning. Grind to powder in coffee grinder.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl and mix thoroughly.